- Plan / Information (Français)
- Plan guide accessibilité
- Plan / Information (English)
- Plan for visitors with mobility impairments
- Mapa / Informação
- Mappa/ Informazioni
- Plan / Information (Deutsch)
- Plano / Información
- план / информация (Русский)
- 루브르 박물관 관람 안내
- مخطط الزيارة\ المعلومات
- Plan / informacja (polski)
With your comfort in mind, the Musée du Louvre offers a host of services to guarantee a quality visit.
A reception team at the main information desk located below the Pyramid is available to inform and advise you on museum news, services and operations.
To help you prepare your visit and guide you
At the main information desk located beneath the Pyramid, you will find:
• available in twelve languages: French, English, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Arabic, Russian, Polish, Japanese, Korean and Chinese
• for visitors with mobility impairments, a version of this map showing wheelchair accesses, elevators and lifts is available in French and English
• all of the practical information you need to visit the museum and understand the layout of the collections
• available for download here: louvre.fr/en/plan
Weekly schedule of room closures
• in French, English, and Japanese
• available online: www.louvre.fr/en/hours-admission/schedule-room-closures
• all of the cultural happenings at the museum within a three-month period
• available online: louvre.fr/en/agenda or louvre.fr/en/visites-guidees
Thematic trails for children and/or adults are available on request.
Other thematic trails can be downloaded or printed from the Activities & Tours section: louvre.fr/en/parcours
Explore the museum on your own
Audio Guide on Nintendo 3DS ™ XL
• curators and lecturers guide you through the museum!
• in French, English, Spanish, Italian, German, Japanese and Korean; some content available in French Sign Language or with audio description
• rented from the museum's ticket desks and machines located beneath the Pyramid
• you will be given a voucher to exchange at the Audio Guide counters, where you will receive your guide upon presentation of proof of ID (ID card, passport, etc.)
There are four Audio Guide counters:
- one is located beneath the Pyramid in front of the group reception area
- the three others are at the top of the escalators leading to the museum's three main entrances (Denon, Sully and Richelieu).
For more information: louvre.fr/en/audio-guide
Audio Guide for iPhone and Android
If you would rather use your own smartphone and keep a souvenir of your trip to the Louvre, you can download our applications from home or at the museum, and create your very own, made-to-measure tour.
For more information: louvre.fr/en/louvre-audio-guide-app
Guided tours and workshops
Guided tours provide more in-depth opportunities to discover and discuss the museum's artworks.
The "Masterpieces" tour, for example, takes you to the Louvre's key works and locations, such as the Venus de Milo, the Wedding Feast at Cana, the Mona Lisa and the Galerie d’Apollon.
You can find a detailed list of tours here: louvre.fr/visites-guidees
When the weather permits, why not opt for a guided tour of the Tuileries Garden?
For more information: http://www.louvre.fr/preparer-sa-visite/dans-les-jardins (in French)
Go ahead and touch
The Touch Gallery is the only place in the museum where visitors are encouraged to touch. The gallery features plaster or resin casts of the original sculptures on display at the Louvre.
In spring 2014, a new exhibition in the Tactile Gallery invites visitors to explore around twenty works on the theme of the representation of the body, from Apollo of Piombino through to French works from the 17th and 19th centuries. The chosen sculptures, in relief or full-round, touch on a wide variety of subjects such as divine and heroic nudity, bathers, or the use of drapery both to conceal and highlight the body's curves... The selected works are of all sizes and use original materials like bronze, stone or earthenware.
For more information on special visits and workshops: louvre.fr/en/accessibility
The Louvre is open every day (except Tuesday) from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Discover our new Audio Guide on Nintendo 3DS ™ XL and visit the Louvre in high-definition 3D!