Can't play the medias? Download Flash Player.
- Image: Panneau à l'oiseau stylisé.
- Image: Lion à queue articulée.
- Image: L'Imam Reza pourfend un dîv. Page d'un manuscrit du "Fâlnâmeh" (Livre des présages).
- Image: Lion brûle-parfum.
- Image: Panneau du mausolée de Selim II.
- Image: Page de frontispice : lecteur au manteau composite / Muhammad Murad Samarqandi.
- Image: Pyxide au nom d'al-Mughira (Espagne, Madinat al-Zahra-968).
- Image: Globe céleste, Bagdad ( ?), 1145.
Collections & departments Department of Islamic Art
The new galleries of the Department of Islamic Art opened to the public on September 22, 2012. Some 3,000 objects are on display, spanning 1,300 years of history and three continents, from Spain to Southeast Asia.
Department of Islamic Art
75058 PARIS cedex 01
Director of the Department: Yannick Lintz
Deputy Director: Gwenaëlle Fellinger
Secretariat: Rachel de Souza, firstname.lastname@example.org
Research for the collections is conducted by the department’s curators and a team of scientific consultants. Fields of study are broken down by the nature of the collections, geographically and chronologically.
- Yannick Lintz, Head Curator
- Gwenaëlle Fellinger, Curator – Iranian world 15th-19th (textiles)
- Etienne Blondeau, Scientific Consultant - Arab world, until the 11th century
- Annabelle Collinet, Scientific Consultant – Iran and surrounding areas 9th–12th (metal)
- Judith Hénon, Curator - Indian world
- Carine Juvin, Scientific Consultant – Arab world 12th-15th
- Charlotte Maury, Scientific Consultant – Ottoman collections and book art
- Delphine Miroudot, Scientific Consultant – Iranian collections 12th-15th
- Rocco Rante, Archeologist – Susa collections
The documentation service’s holdings are primarily based on the department’s works: records of artworks, photo archives, databases, etc.
It also adds to the library and updates reference material on Islamic art.
- Marie Fradet, Head of Documentation
- Hélène Bendejacq, Scientific Documentalist – Photo archive management
- Rosène Declementi, Scientific Documentalist
- Carlos Fernandes, Librarian
- Nadège Picotin, Scientific Documentalist
Reception and appointments:
Carlos Fernandes, email@example.com
The Registrar's Office
The Registrar’s Office oversees handling of the department’s artworks regardless of the destination (internal or external transfer) or purpose (restoration, analysis, loan, etc.).
- Isabelle Luche, Head of the Registrar's office
- Olivier Ségissement, Registrar
The Head of Administration and Finance, with the help of the Financial Officer, sees to the proper administrative and financial management of the department, as well as the smooth running of its technical and logistic operations.
- Marin Zlatkov, Head of Administration and Finance
- Karine Paulus, Financial Officer
Discover the new exhibition spaces
The Department of Islamic Art is the newest department in the Musée du Louvre.
Created in 2003, its refurbishment had been underway since 2008. It reopened on September 22, 2012 in a completely new, restyled setting, which provides its collections with a space befitting their prominence within the museum.
The dedicated mini-site invites you to take a look behind the scenes of this incredible project.
The Louvre is open every day (except Tuesday) from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.