- Plan / Information (Français)
- Plan guide accessibilité
- Plan / Information (English)
- Plan for visitors with mobility impairments
- Mapa / Informação
- Mappa/ Informazioni
- Plan / Information (Deutsch)
- Plano / Información
- план / информация (Русский)
- 루브르 박물관 관람 안내
- مخطط الزيارة\ المعلومات
- Plan / informacja (polski)
Exhibition Birth of a Museum
Louvre Abu Dhabi
from May 2, 2014 to July 28, 2014
Can't play the medias? Download Flash Player.
- Image: Édouard Manet (Paris, 1832-1883), Le Bohémien, France, Paris, 1861-1862, après 1867
- Image: Giovanni Bellini (Venise, v. 1430 – 1516), Vierge à l’Enfant
- Image: Osman Hamdi Bey (Istanbul, 1842 – île de Galatasaray, 1910), Jeune Émir à l’étude, Istanbul, 1878
- Image: Christ montrant ses plaies Allemagne, Bavière ou Autriche, vers 1515-1520
- Image: « Princesse » de Bactriane Asie centrale, fin du IIIe – début du IIe millénaire av. J.-C.
- Image: Fibule aquiliforme de Domagnano, Italie, seconde moitié du Ve siècle apr. J.-C.
- Image: Boîte octogonale Chine, dynastie Tang (618-907 apr. J.-C.), milieu du VIIIe siècle
- Image: Tête de Buddha, Chine du Nord, VIe siècle apr. J.-C.
This exhibition enjoys the support of the Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority and the Agence France-Museums.
Louvre Abu Dhabi is unveiling the best of its new collection for the first time in France. One hundred and fifty of the finest masterpieces already acquired by the UAE museum will be presented in Paris, during a major exhibition entitled Birth of a Museum.
Among these exceptional works there is a gold bracelet with figures of lions made in Iran nearly 3,000 years ago; a fibula (brooch) in gold with garnets from Italy dating from the fifth century AD; paintings by Jordaens, Manet, and Magritte; a previously unseen papier collé by Picasso; and nine paintings by the recently deceased American painter Cy Twombly. Louvre Abu Dhabi, which will be opening in December 2015, will be the first universal museum created in the Middle East, a region at the crossroads of civilizations. Its collection of old and contemporary works from different countries is being built up gradually. The exhibition will enable the French public to get a preview of the cultural wealth of the collection of the future museum and also to grasp the architectural and cultural project.
Vincent Pomarède, Musée du Louvre, associated with Laurence des Cars, Musée de l'Orangerie.
Khalid Abdulkhaliq Abdulla, Associate Curator, Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority.
From May 2 to July 28, 2014
Napoleon Hall, under the Pyramid
Combined ticket (permanent collections + exhibition): €16
Every day from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., except Tuesday.
Night opening until 9:45 p.m. on Wednesdays and Fridays.
+33 (0)1 40 20 53 17