Hours & Admission Open every day except Tuesday
Following the terror attacks in Paris on November 13, 2015, the Louvre is strictly applying the security measures decided by the French authorities to ensure the safety of our visitors.
It is strongly recommanded not to bring suitcases and luggage to the museum. Only luggage not exceeding 55 cm x 35 cm x 20 cm will be accepted. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience and delay which may be caused by the extra security checks at the entrance.
In the event of an incident, visitors must vacate the danger zone, alert our security staff and follow their instructions. Visitors may be confined or evacuated to a secure area while waiting for the police to arrive.
Beware of Pickpockets
Beware of pickpockets
© Musée du Louvre
Pickpockets may be present in the museum.
They operate in crowded areas while you are looking at or taking pictures of the artworks.
Please follow these rules:
• Keep your bags closed and hold them in front of you
• Do not keep your money on display
• Divide up your cash and keep it in several different inside pockets or in different compartments of your bag
• Do not put your wallet in your back pocket
• Do not follow the advice of strangers at ticket machines
• Pay attention to your bags and pockets while taking photos
• In the event of a problem, contact a security officer for assistance
Thank you for reading this prevention message.
We hope you enjoy your visit to the Louvre.
The Louvre is open every day (except Tuesday) from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.