- Plan / Information (Français)
- Plan guide accessibilité
- Plan / Information (English)
- Plan for visitors with mobility impairments
- Mapa / Informação
- Mappa/ Informazioni
- Plan / Information (Deutsch)
- Plano / Información
- план / информация (Русский)
- 루브르 박물관 관람 안내
- مخطط الزيارة\ المعلومات
- Plan / informacja (polski)
Room Michelangelo Gallery, Italy
Denon wing - Ground floor - Room 4 - Michelangelo gallery
The 19th-century Galerie Mollien (now the Michelangelo gallery) was based on the Salle des Caryatides and served as the official lobby for the Salle des Etats on the first floor. It now houses part of the museum's Italian sculpture collection, notably Michelangelo's Slaves. Carved for his first version of the tomb of Pope Julius II, they were left unfinished, emerging from the rough-hewn stone.
The Louvre is open every day (except Tuesday) from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.