- Plan / Information (Français)
- Plan guide accessibilité
- Plan / Information (English)
- Plan for visitors with mobility impairments
- Mapa / Informação
- Mappa/ Informazioni
- Plan / Information (Deutsch)
- Plano / Información
- план / информация (Русский)
- 루브르 박물관 관람 안내
- مخطط الزيارة\ المعلومات
- Plan / informacja (polski)
Greek, Etruscan, and Roman Antiquities
Hellenistic Art (3rd-1st centuries BC)
This magnificent Hellenistic statue may have commemorated a naval victory, possibly by a fleet from Rhodes in the 2nd century BC. Excavations on the island of Samothrace, where it was found in 1863, revealed that it originally stood on the prow of a marble ship, at the center of an ornamental fountain.
The Louvre is open every day (except Tuesday) from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.