- Plan / Information (Français)
- Plan guide accessibilité
- Plan / Information (English)
- Plan for visitors with mobility impairments
- Mapa / Informação
- Mappa/ Informazioni
- Plan / Information (Deutsch)
- Plano / Información
- план / информация (Русский)
- 루브르 박물관 관람 안내
- مخطط الزيارة\ المعلومات
- Plan / informacja (polski)
Aphrodite dite Vénus d'Arles, Détail buste
© 2006 Musée du Louvre / Daniel Lebée et Carine Deambrosis
As someone who appreciates art and history, you love the Louvre and want to be an active participant in the life of the institution. Help us fulfill our primary mission: to preserve and pass on its universal heritage to future generations.
There are a number of options for planned donations to make a lasting contribution to the Louvre:
A bequest is one of the most highly respected gifts you can give to the Louvre to help it fulfill its mission over time. You can make a bequest in your will. Bequeathed assets are exempt from estate taxes. The Louvre expresses its thanks to legacy donors by honoring their memory, particularly through acknowledgement within the palace itself (unless the bequest is anonymous). At any time, you can cancel a bequest, or even your entire will, regardless of form. For more information on bequests (download bequest brochure)
Naming the Louvre the beneficiary of a life insurance policy is a very simple way of building capital for the future of the museum. When taking out a life insurance policy, you can designate the Musée du Louvre as the full or partial beneficiary of your policy. After your death, the capital and interest are transferred to the Musée du Louvre. The government will not impose a levy or estate tax: the fruit of your life insurance will be paid in full to the Musée du Louvre.
Historically, the gift has been a valuable way for the Louvre to enrich its collections. It is a notarized deed authorizing the transfer an asset to the Musée du Louvre made during your lifetime.
A gift can be:
• A simple donation, which takes effect as soon as the deed is signed at the notary’s office. It is eligible for tax benefits: a 66% deduction of the value of the gift from your income tax, exemption of transfer taxes (paid to the tax authorities when there is change of ownership of assets).
• A donation with temporary life estate consists of giving, for a period of at least three years, the income generated by property for which you remain the owner. In exchange, fiscally, a provision of the French law on wealth tax (impôt de solidarité sur la fortune or ISF) exempts you from tax on the property whose usufruct has been transferred. In addition to lower wealth tax, you benefit from tax savings on the revenue generated by the property.
• A donation with reserved life estate is a simple way to commit to the future of the museum while continuing to enjoy the use of your property. The Louvre is thus bare owner and will not acquire full ownership until the date determined by the donor. Until it falls due, the donor retains all rights to the property. A donation with reserved life estate enables the donor to reduce donation fees, since these are calculated on the bare ownership.
A donation to the Louvre that “keeps on giving” to the Musée du Louvre’s missions through the income generated each year. The Louvre is the first French museum to operate this type of sustainable financing system, which receives and manages, by capitalization, assets and rights of any kind that are contributed to it freely and irrevocably, and uses the income to carry out the Louvre’s missions.
For more information on the Musée du Louvre endowment fund
If you wish to include the Musée du Louvre in your plans for the future, regardless of the form, we invite you to contact us so we can examine the best possible solutions together. This will enable us to express our thanks starting now and involve you in the museum’s projects.
Any information you provide will be kept strictly confidential and will not constitute any sort of binding obligation on your part.
Tel.: +33 (0)1 40 20 84 41
Musée du Louvre
75058 Paris Cedex 01
For information on individual or corporate giving, please contact:
Tel.: +33 (0)1 40 20 57 92