Whether you are participating in a crowdfunding campaign or tailoring your donation to your interests, there are a variety of ways for you to contribute to the museum’s outreach as an individual donor and forge strong ties with the Louvre.
The aim of the Louvre Endowment Fund is to provide long-term financing for the Louvre’s missions of public interest.
Play a lasting role in shaping the Louvre of tomorrow
In addition to traditional forms of giving, the Musée du Louvre provides donors with the opportunity to make a sustainable contribution to strategic museum projects through the Endowment Fund: the principal amount is kept intact while the investment income is used each year to finance Louvre action over the very long term. We work with you to forge a partnership that is tailored to your philanthropic endeavors.
Support a group fund
You can opt to pay into to a group fund that provides global financing for one of the Louvre’s major missions. There are three funds to choose from:
- Openness and Transmission: make the Louvre a place of transmission and education, open to all audiences.
- Outreach of the Collection: conserve, enhance, enrich, and study the universal collection in the Louvre’s care.
- Enhancement of Heritage: enhance the exceptional architectural and landscape heritage of the Musée du Louvre and the Tuileries Garden.
Create a fund in your name
With a donation of €200,000 or more, you can create a fund in your name. The income generated is used to provide global support for one of the Louvre’s three main missions of public interest of your choosing.
For donations of a certain amount, you can choose to support a specific line of action. We will guide you in the creation of your very own fund within our structure, giving you the benefit of a personalized, turnkey solution. A fund in your name is also an opportunity for you to involve your friends and family in your philanthropic endeavors.
To date, 7 major donors have created a fund in their name within the Louvre Endowment Fund.
Enjoy exclusive advantages
When you give to the Endowment Fund, you benefit from a number of specific advantages:
- Permanent exposure: for donations of a certain amount, you can choose to have the name of your fund engraved in the Rotonde de Mars, alongside the names of the major Endowment Fund donors.
- Regular invitations to exhibition openings and events reserved for Louvre and Endowment Fund donors.
- Ongoing involvement in the initiatives you support: tours, talks with the museum teams, regular progress reports. You are free to decide upon your level of involvement.
We are available to help you meet your needs.
The Endowment Fund is a member of Transnational Giving Europe (TGE), which allows tax European residents (United Kingdom, Belgium, Switzerland, etc.) to benefit from tax advantages on their donation. If you are a tax resident of the United States, you can make a donation through American Friends of the Louvre.
The Endowment Fund is also authorized to receive bequests and gifts.
Endowment Fund contact
Tel.: +33(0)1 40 20 84 41
For information on individual giving, please contact:
Tel.: + 33 (0)1 40 20 57 92