Groups & Schools General conditions for group visits
All group visits to the museum must be booked in advance. This enables us to schedule groups throughout the day, thereby avoiding overcrowding. Groups of up to 25 are admitted (20 for the Department of Decorative Arts and temporary exhibitions).
You can visit the Louvre as a self-guided group, organizing your tour as you see fit.
You can follow a guided tour with one of the museum's official guides.
Due to renovations, the group reception area will be located at the Porte des Lions as of June 29, 2016 until July 2017.
- an individual visitor taking part in a guided tour, a workshop or a training session
- a group visiting with an official guide from the Louvre
- a leader of self-guided groups
Meet at the Porte des Lions as of June 29, 2016 until July 2017.
Click here to download the area map.
Self-guided groups may only access the museum via the Carrousel du Louvre or the Passage Richelieu entrances.
Self-guided groups with disabled visitors may access the museum via the Pyramid entrance.
Groups with their own guides
New! Reservations can be made by e-mail at:
How does it work?
There are 2 different PDF forms to choose from:
- Reservation form for self-guided groups of paying adults
- Reservation form for self-guided school groups or groups of visitors entitled to free admission
Start by saving the form of your choice to your computer (see download documents on the right of your screen). Then fill in, save and attach your form to your e-mail message and send it to: email@example.com
Any requests sent without the completed PDF reservation form will not be processed.
Advance reservations are required for groups of 7 persons (including your own guide or group leader) and more.
Permission to speak aloud
Speaking aloud within the museum's galleries is regulated. It is restricted to curators, teachers accompanied by students, tour guides, and lecturers with professional credentials issued in France either by the Ministry of Tourism or the Ministry of Culture.
Days and times of tours
Groups can visit the museum every day during opening hours, except:
- public holidays
- the first Sunday of each month from October to March
- July 14 (French national holiday)
Tour departure times:
- Wednesday and Friday: 9 a.m. to 8:15 p.m.
- Monday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday: 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. except the first Sunday of each month from October to March and July 14 (national holiday)
- For school and university groups, reservations are accepted from September to June.
- For other groups, reservations start three months prior to the beginning of each quarter:
- Visits from January to March: reservations start in October of the previous year
- Visits from April to June: reservations start in January
- Visits from July to August: reservations start in April
- Visits in September: reservations start in June
- Visits from October to December: reservations start in July
Making a reservation
Download and print your reservation form and return it to us by mail.
Musée du Louvre
Direction de l'Accueil du Publics et de la Surveillance
Service Vente réservation à distance
75058 Paris Cedex 01
You can also book your visit by phone.
Tel.: +33 (0)1 40 20 57 60
By e-mail: only with the completed PDF reservation form included as an attachment.
Advance reservations, subject to the same conditions, are also required for group tours of the Musée Eugène Delacroix, which is administered by the Louvre.
Tel.: +33 (0)1 40 20 58 32
Leaders in charge of groups from schools or associations may prepare their visit at the Médiathèque (media center), free of charge.
The Louvre is open every day (except Tuesday) from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Reservation form – School groups / self-guided visits
> pdf - 103.89 KB
Reservation form - Adult groups / self-guided visits
> pdf - 144.9 KB
Reservation form (in French) - School groups / guided tours
> pdf - 134.23 KB
Reservation form (in French) - Adult groups / guided tours
> pdf - 154.57 KB