- Plan / Information (Français)
- Plan guide accessibilité
- Plan / Information (English)
- Plan for visitors with mobility impairments
- Mapa / Informação
- Mappa/ Informazioni
- Plan / Information (Deutsch)
- Plano / Información
- план / информация (Русский)
- 루브르 박물관 관람 안내
- مخطط الزيارة\ المعلومات
- Plan / informacja (polski)
Groups & Schools General conditions for group visits
All group visits to the museum must be booked in advance. This enables us to schedule groups throughout the day, thereby avoiding overcrowding. Groups of up to 25 are admitted (20 for the Department of Decorative Arts and temporary exhibitions).
You can visit the Louvre as a self-guided group, organizing your tour as you see fit.
You can follow a guided tour with one of the museum's official guides.
Groups with their own guides
Advance reservations are required for groups of 7 persons (including your own guide or group leader) and more.
Permission to speak aloud
Speaking aloud within the museum's galleries is regulated. It is restricted to curators, teachers accompanied by students, tour guides, and lecturers with professional credentials issued in France either by the Ministry of Tourism or the Ministry of Culture.
Days and times of tours
Groups can visit the museum every day during opening hours, except:
- public holidays
- the first Sunday of each month
- July 14 (French national holiday)
Tour departure times:
- Wednesday and Friday: 9 a.m. to 8:15 p.m.
- Monday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday: 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. except the first Sunday of each month and July 14 (national holiday)
- For school and university groups, reservations are accepted until the end of June of the current year.
- For other groups, reservations start three months prior to the beginning of each quarter:
- Visits from January to March: reservations start in October of the previous year
- Visits from April to June: reservations start in January
- Visits from July to September: reservations start in April
- Visits from October to December: reservations start in July
Making a reservation
Print and fill out your reservation form below and return it to us by mail or fax to the Direction des Publics, Groupes Autonomes.
Musée du Louvre
Direction des Publics
75058 Paris Cedex 01
Fax: +33 (0)1 40 20 58 24
You can also book your visit by phone.
Tel.: +33 (0)1 40 20 57 60
Advance reservations, subject to the same conditions, are also required for group tours of the Musée Eugène Delacroix, which is administered by the Louvre.
Leaders in charge of groups from schools or associations may prepare their visit at the Médiathèque (media center), free of charge.
The Louvre is open every day (except Tuesday) from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.