- Plan / Information (Français)
- Plan guide accessibilité
- Plan / Information (English)
- Plan for visitors with mobility impairments
- Mapa / Informação
- Mappa/ Informazioni
- Plan / Information (Deutsch)
- Plano / Información
- план / информация (Русский)
- 루브르 박물관 관람 안내
- مخطط الزيارة\ المعلومات
- Plan / informacja (polski)
Groups & Schools General conditions for group visits
All group visits to the museum must be booked in advance. This enables us to schedule groups throughout the day, thereby avoiding overcrowding. Groups of up to 25 are admitted (20 for the Department of Decorative Arts and temporary exhibitions).
You can visit the Louvre as a self-guided group, organizing your tour as you see fit.
You can follow a guided tour with one of the museum's official guides.
Guided tours given by official guides of the Musées Nationaux are available in French, English, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, and Russian, as well as in French sign language (LSF). Each tour lasts 90 minutes.
Days and times of tours
Tours are given every day during opening hours, except:
- public holidays
- the first Sunday of each month
- July 14 (French national holiday)
Tour departure times:
- Wednesday and Friday: 9:15 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Monday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday: 9:15 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. except the first Sunday of each month
Book your guided tour according to the following schedule
- Visits from January to March: reservations start mid-November of the previous year (2012: November 13)
- Visits from April to June: reservations start mid-February (2013: February 12)
- Visits from July to August: reservations start mid-May (2013: May 14)
- Visits from September to December: reservations start mid-July (2013: July 16)
Making a reservation
Print and fill out your reservation form and return it to us by mail or fax.
Musée du Louvre
Direction Accueil Surveillance Vente
Service Vente et Réservation à Distance
Activités avec conférenciers
75058 Paris cedex 01
Fax +33 (0)1 40 20 84 58
You can also book your visit by phone.
Tel. +33 (0)1 40 20 51 77
Advance reservations, subject to the same conditions, are also required for group tours of the Musée Eugène Delacroix, which is administered by the Louvre.
Leaders in charge of groups from schools or associations may prepare their visit at the Médiathèque (Media center), free of charge.
The Louvre is open every day (except Tuesday) from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.