Hours & Admission Open every day except Tuesday
Access to the permanent collections and temporary exhibitions in both the Louvre and the Musée Eugène Delacroix.
Free Admission to the Louvre
Admission to the Louvre and the Musée Eugène Delacroix is free for the following visitor categories (valid ID or proof of entitlement required):
- visitors under the age of 18
- 18-25 year-old residents of the European Economic Area (EU, Iceland, Norway, and Liechtenstein)
- teachers of art, art history, and the applied arts
- holders of a valid "Pass Education" card (primary and secondary school teachers in French public schools and private schools receiving government subsidies)
- artists affiliated to the Maison des Artistes (in France) or the AIAP (Association Internationale des Arts Plastiques)
- unemployed individuals and visitors receiving benefits (proof of entitlement must be dated within the last six months)
- disabled visitors and their guest or helper
A list of all acceptable proofs of entitlement is available at the museum from the Information Desk (under the Pyramid).
Tel.: +33 (0)1 40 20 53 17 (except Tuesdays)
From October to March: access to the permanent collections is free for all visitors on the first Sunday of each month.
From April to September: no free admission on the first Sunday of each month.
On Friday evenings from 6 p.m. to 9:45 p.m., admission to the permanent collections is free for under-26s regardless of nationality (upon presentation of ID).
Accepted payment methods
The museum ticket windows accept payment in cash (euros only) or by card. Only bank cards can be used on our automatic distributors.
The Louvre is open every day (except Tuesday) from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.