Hours & Admission Open every day except Tuesday
Following the terror attacks in Paris on November 13, 2015, the Louvre is strictly applying the security measures decided by the French authorities to ensure the safety of our visitors.
It is strongly recommanded not to bring suitcases and luggage to the museum. Only luggage not exceeding 55 cm x 35 cm x 20 cm will be accepted. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience and delay which may be caused by the extra security checks at the entrance.
In the event of an incident, visitors must vacate the danger zone, alert our security staff and follow their instructions. Visitors may be confined or evacuated to a secure area while waiting for the police to arrive.
Ticket valid for a same-day visit to the Louvre (permanent collections and temporary exhibitions) and the Musée Eugène-Delacroix.
Free admission without queuing for a ticket (valid ID or proof of entitlement required):
- visitors under the age of 18
- 18-25 year-old residents of the European Economic Area (EU, Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein)
- teachers of art, art history, and the applied arts
- holders of a valid "Pass Education" card (primary and secondary school teachers in French public schools and private schools receiving government subsidies)
- artists affiliated to the Maison des Artistes (in France) or the AIAP (Association Internationale des Arts Plastiques)
- holders of a valid ICOM or ICOMOS card
- job seekers and people on income support, on presentation of proof of entitlement (dated within the last year or indicating a period of validity)
- visitors with disabilities and the person accompanying them
- holders of membership cards (permanent collections only)
A list of all acceptable proofs of entitlement is available at the museum from the Information Desks (under the Pyramid).
Tel.: +33 (0)1 40 20 53 17 (except Tuesdays)
Every Friday from 6 p.m. admission to the museum is free for under-26s of all nationalities on presentation of valid ID.
From October to March, admission to the museum is free for all visitors on the first Sunday of each month.
Admission is also free on Bastille Day (July 14).
Accepted payment methods
The museum ticket windows accept payment in cash (euros only) or by card. Only bank cards can be used on our automatic distributors.
The Louvre is open every day (except Tuesday) from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.