Free admission to the Musée du Louvre
Visitors eligible for free admission can skip the line for ticket sales and go directly to one of the entrances to the collections.
Admission is free to the Musée du Louvre and the Musée Eugène-Delacroix for the following visitors (valid proof required):
- visitors under the age of 18
- 18-25 year-old residents of the European Economic Area (EU, Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein)
- teachers of art, art history, and the applied arts
- holders of a valid “Pass Education” card (primary and secondary school teachers in French public schools and private schools receiving government subsidies)
- artists affiliated to the Maison des Artistes (in France) or the AIAP (Association Internationale des Arts Plastiques)
- holders of a valid ICOM or ICOMOS card
- job seekers and people on income support, on presentation of proof of entitlement (dated within the last year or indicating a period of validity)
- visitors with disabilities and the person accompanying them
- holders of membership cards (permanent collections only)
A list of all acceptable proofs of eligibility is available at the museum from the Information Desks (under the Pyramid).
Tel.: +33 (0)1 40 20 53 17 (except Tuesdays)
Every Friday from 6 p.m. to 9:45 p.m., admission to the museum is free for visitors under the age of 26 regardless of country of residence.
Admission is free for all visitors on the first Saturday of each month from 6 p.m. to 9:45 p.m. and on Bastille Day (14 July).
The Musée du Louvre, Tuileries Garden and Cour Carrée will remain closed until further notice.
All those who have purchased a ticket online will automatically receive a refund – no action is required. Due to the number of refunds we have to process, this operation may take up to three months.
Thank you for your understanding.