Free admission to the Musée du Louvre
Visitors eligible for free admission can skip the line for ticket sales and go directly to one of the entrances to the collections.
Admission is free to the Musée du Louvre and the Musée Eugène-Delacroix for the following visitors (valid proof required):
- visitors under the age of 18
- 18-25 year-old residents of the European Economic Area (EU, Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein)
- teachers of art, art history, and the applied arts
- holders of a valid “Pass Education” card (primary and secondary school teachers in French public schools and private schools receiving government subsidies)
- artists affiliated to the Maison des Artistes (in France) or the AIAP (Association Internationale des Arts Plastiques)
- holders of a valid ICOM or ICOMOS card
- job seekers and people on income support, on presentation of proof of entitlement (dated within the last year or indicating a period of validity)
- visitors with disabilities and the person accompanying them
- holders of membership cards (permanent collections only)
A list of all acceptable proofs of eligibility is available at the museum from the Information Desks (under the Pyramid).
Tel.: +33 (0)1 40 20 53 17 (except Tuesdays)
Admission is free for all visitors on the first Saturday of each month from 6 p.m. to 9:45 p.m. and on Bastille Day (14 July).
Every Friday 6 p.m. to 9:45 p.m., admission to the museum is free for all visitors under the age of 26, regardless of country of residence, on presentation of valid ID.
The Louvre is open every day (except Tuesday) from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Free admission on the first Saturday of each month
from 6 p.m. to 9:45 p.m. as of January 2019.