The museum is closed
In line with the measures taken by the government to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the Musée du Louvre and Musée National Eugène Delacroix remain closed until further notice. All those who have purchased a ticket for this period will automatically receive a refund—no action is required.
Frequently asked questionsAnswers from the LouvreVisit | FAQ
Visit | FAQ (4)Display : Tickets and prices
Tickets and prices
Admission is free to the Musée du Louvre and the Musée Eugène-Delacroix for the following visitors (valid proof required):
- all visitors under the age of 18 and 18-25 year-old residents of the European Economic Area (EU, Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein)
- holders of a valid ‘Pass Education’ card
- teachers of art, art history, and the applied arts (proof of subject taught required)
- artists affiliated to the Maison des Artistes (in France) or the IAA (International Association of Art)
- holders of a valid ICOM or ICOMOS card
- job seekers and people on income support, on presentation of proof of entitlement (dated within the last year or indicating a period of validity)
- visitors with disabilities and the person accompanying them
Admission is free for all visitors on 14 July (unless it falls on a Tuesday, when the museum is closed) and on the first Saturday evening of each month from 6 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Due to the measures taken to prevent the spread of COVID-19, all visitors – including those entitled to free admission – must book a time slot. Go to the online ticketing service, choose a time slot and select the ‘free admission’ option.
We do not sell concession tickets. The ticket price remains the same for both the permanent collections and temporary exhibitions. However, visitors under the age of 18 (or 26 for EU residents), disabled visitors and job seekers, among others, are entitled to free admission (see full list of visitors entitled to free admission).
The following list of visitors are entitled to a reduced rate for workshops, guided tours and auditorium events:
- Visitors under the age of 18 and 18-25 year-old residents of the European Economic Area (EU, Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein)
- Holders of the following membership cards: Amis du Louvre, Louvre Professionnels, Cercles des Mécènes, Cercle International, Cercle Cressent, Amis du musée Eugène-Delacroix, Fnac
- Staff members of the French Ministry of Culture and Communication
- Official tour and museum guides
- Job seekers and people on income support Job seekers and people on income support
- Visitors paying with ‘Chèques-Vacances’
You can book a specific time slot via the online ticketing service and enter the museum within half an hour of the indicated time. If you are a regular visitor, you can become a member of the Amis du Louvre and skip the queues by entering the museum via the Richelieu entrance.
The sale of tickets for admission to the museum or a related service is considered a sale of leisure services and confers no right to a refund. Tickets cannot be refunded or resold. However, in the event of a cancellation or modification of the relevant service by the Louvre, or an error in processing the order by the museum, you will be entitled to a refund.
If that is the case, you need to send your request within 3 months of the date of cancellation or modification by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Musée du Louvre – Assistance billetterie – 75058 PARIS CEDEX 01.
The Pyramid is the main entrance to the museum. There is a queue for people who have booked a time slot online, which guarantees entry within 30 minutes of the indicated time.
There is also the Carrousel entrance and the Porte des Lions entrance.
Tickets cover admission to both the permanent collections and the temporary exhibitions of the Louvre, and admission to the Musée National Eugène-Delacroix within 48 hours of first use.
For popular temporary exhibitions, booking a time slot may be highly recommend or obligatory.
You can pay by cash, bank card or ‘chèque vacances (ANCV)’ in the museum.
Only euros are accepted.
Only bank cards can be used at the automatic machines.