Hours, Admission & Directions
The Musée du Louvre, the Carrousel and the Tuileries gardens are now open.
To ensure optimal conditions, all visitors will be required to:
- book a time slot;
- wear a mask both inside and in the surrounding areas of the museum, including the gardens (mandatory from 11 years old);
- adhere to safety and social distancing measures recommended for public spaces.
Find all the information you need to know before visiting the museum this summer on this page.
Musée du Louvre opening hours
Monday: 9 a.m.–6 p.m.
Wednesday: 9 a.m.–6 p.m.
Thursday: 9 a.m.–6 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m.–6 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m.–6 p.m.
Sunday: 9 a.m.–6 p.m.
Rooms begin closing at 5:30 p.m.
You can see how busy the museum is by downloading the application "Affluences".
Tuileries Garden opening hours:
- From September 27, 2020 to March 37, 2021:
Daily, 7:30 a.m.–7:30 p.m.
- From March 29 to May 30, 2021:
Daily, 7 a.m.–9 p.m.
- From June 1 to August 31, 2020:
Daily, 7 a.m.–11 p.m.
- From September 1 to 27, 2020:
Daily, 7 a.m.–9 p.m.
Musée Eugène-Delacroix opening hours:
Monday: 9:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m
Wednesday: 9:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
Thursday: 9:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m. (until 9 p.m. on the first Thursday of each month)
Friday: 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Saturday: 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Sunday: 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Last admission is at 5 p.m.
Opening of the museum on French public holidays:
Museum open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.*:
- April 12, 2020 (Easter Sunday)
- April 13, 2020 (Easter Monday)
- May 21, 2020 (Ascension Day)
- May 31, 2020 (Pentecost)
- June 1, 2020 (Pentecost Monday)
- August 15, 2020
- November 1, 2020 (All Saints' Day)
*Rooms begin closing at 5:30 p.m.
Museum open from 9 a.m. to 9:45 p.m.**:
- May 8, 2020
**Rooms begin closing at 9:30 p.m.
- January 1, 2020
- May 1, 2020
- July 14, 2020
- December 25, 2020
The Louvre is open every day (except Tuesday) from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
For your safety
All visitors must comply with security checks. The Musée du Louvre thanks its visitors in advance for their understanding and cooperation in this matter. Large suitcases and bags are prohibited. In the event of an incident, visitors must vacate the danger zone, alert our security staff, and follow their instructions. Visitors may be confined or evacuated to a secure area while waiting for the police to arrive.