Groups & Schools General conditions for group visits
All group visits to the museum must be booked in advance for a specific time slot. Groups of 7 up to a maximum of 25 persons are admitted. There are two options for visiting the museum as a group:
1) Self-guided visit: a group accompanied by their own teacher, leader, or guide
2) Tour with an official Louvre guide
Prior to visiting, please check the schedule of room closures.
Via the Porte des Lions group reception area (map) if you are:
- a guide wishing to complete the necessary formalities
- a group with an official Louvre guide
Groups with their own guides can access the museum via the Passage Richelieu or Galerie du Carrousel entrances.
Groups with disabled visitors have priority access to the museum via the Pyramid entrance. Please note that the lift under the Pyramid is not currently able to accommodate motorized wheelchairs but our staff will be happy to assist.
You can call +33 (0)1 40 20 53 17 on the day of your visit for further information.
Advance time slot reservations are required for groups of 7 persons or more (excluding the guide).
Permission to speak publicly
Permission to speak publicly in the museum must be acquired prior to doing so and is granted upon presentation of a professional card at the Porte des Lions group reception area.
Only curators, teachers with their pupils, and guides who hold a professional card issued by the French Ministry of Tourism or Ministry of Culture shall be granted authorization.
Duration of visit
The visit must not exceed a maximum duration of 3 hours; the group may only enter the museum once.
Days and times
Self-guided groups may visit the museum any day of the week except Tuesdays and the first Sunday of each month from October to March.
- Wednesday and Friday from 9 a.m. to 8:15 p.m.
- Monday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
|Planned date of visit||Reservation to be made as of|
|Between March 14 and May 16, 2018||January 3, 2018|
|Between May 17 and June 30, 2018||March 27, 2018|
|July or August 2018||May 17, 2018|
|September 2018||June 4, 2018|
|October, November, or December 2018||July 2, 2018|
To make a reservation:
- Buy tickets online on ticketlouvre.fr (for adult groups only)
- Call +33 (0)1 40 20 57 60 (for adult, school and university groups)
From 9 a.m. to 4:45 p.m., Monday to Friday, except public holidays
- Send an email (for school and university groups only) to
Attach the duly completed PDF form.
You will receive your e-ticket by email, which you must print at home. The guide will need to present it to the museum security staff upon arrival and carry it visibly throughout your visit, as well as your professional card.
- If you have any problems printing your e-ticket, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reservations made prior to September 30, 2017, should be paid for on the day of the visit at the Porte des Lions group reception area.
The Louvre is open every day (except Tuesday) from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.